Are you considering acquiring a four-legged pet?
Whether it is a Scottish Terrier or another breed, there are important considerations. Adding a pet to your family is a huge commitment of time and resources. Consider the following:
- Why are you looking for a puppy?
- Why do you like a particular breed?
- How often is a family member home?
- Who will be responsible for the day-to-day care and feeding?
- Do you and your family have the time to train, exercise, and groom?
- Do you have children? What are their ages?
- Does anyone in your family have allergies?
- What is your view on obedience training?
- Having a pet can be a full-time responsibility.
- Ensure you have the resources and commitment.
Consider adoption first. Shelters are overflowing with fur friends seeking forever homes.